July 23, 2012

Enduring Light

This is the 2nd novel of Carla Kelly I fave read...in the last couple of weeks.  Apparently I was starved for a good fiction story and read through this two novels rather quickly.  Enduring Light is the rest of Julia's story.  Well, I should say rest I am sure there could be more.  When you are living on a ranch I am sure the stories can be never ending


I suppose I should say that if you don't want me to ruin the first book for you...stop reading this review and just now that although this was a wonderful book to read I didn't enjoy it as much as Borrowed Light.  Maybe it is too much Carla at one time but I was ready for the story to end.  However, I say read this one too.


Okay...so the story line...sorry if you haven't read the first one but Julia falls in love for the cowboy.  But I think that is pretty obvious...I mean what kind of love story would it be if she dumbed her lame fiance moved to a ranch with a hunky boss and returned to the lame brain boyfriend after all.  So I guess I am not really ruining it.  right?

Well, this story had some interesting moments that included rocky mountain oysters some more yummy food (this book made me want to make something great for dinner) and a crazy stocker man.  It had potential to be an intense book that was gripping and had me on the edge of my seat but it just didn't quit get there.  However, Carla did enjoy writing about the joys of being a newlywed.  There wasn't anything dirty and the author still kept it clean, but it nearly ever chapter there was a reference to the obvious love the two newlyweds shared...almost to the point of making it unbelievable.  There were a few conversations that I thought would never happen between a Ranch Boss and his ranch hands...but then again I have never lived on a ranch so maybe they do sit around and laugh about how in love their boss is in real life.

This is a good follow up story, but if you have only time for one fictional book read the first novel.

Happy Reading

on another note, these were Carla Kelly's first LDS novels (bravo Carla).  I have ready to read one of her earlier works...I will let you know how it goes.  She is obviously leans more towards the romance writing...I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment