December 7, 2011

A Heart Like His



This is the 3rd time (maybe) that I have read this book-oddly enough it is the 1st time I have ever finished it. Go figure. I love this book though, especially the first half (duh). This time around I took my time in reading it...about 6 months. It was nice to read a chapter here and a page there and think about it and see how I can apply it in my life. It is such a wonderful thought provoking book.


The first chapter challenges the reader to open up their heart and let God's love in. The best way to do this is to serve, to think about others and make time for the moments we often pass by. The goal isn't to add more to our to do list, in fact it is quiet opposite. The goal is to simply open our eyes and heart enough to notice moments and people we can love and serve. Most often this can be done in a phone call, a short visit, note, or something else that we are probably doing anyway even taking the time to say hi to someone in the store, or being friendly enough that talking with a stranger isn't out of the ordinary.



I love this book, because it reminds me what "it" is all about and "it" isn't all about me.


Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment