December 3, 2011

The Christmas List

I love this time of the year when I can pick up only Christmas stories. I have three books that I own that I read every year. I hope to add to that number this year.


The Christmas List is about a man who wakes up one morning and reads his own obituary. If there is ever a moment that makes a person take a look at their life, it is seeing what other people thought of it after you die. James Keir didn't die...but he did get a good hard look at how people saw him while he was alive. After being angry and ready to destroy a few lives for the mistaken death, Kier realized that this was a second chance at life that not many people get.


This is a pretty easy read (I got through it in 2 sittings) but maybe that is because this is the 3rd time reading the story. I am learning quickly that with each year I am still deeply touched by the story and I end the book with tears streaming down my face and a pile of tissues close by. I love it!


If you need a sweet Christmas story-this is a great one.


Grade: B++ (or A- depending on how you want to look at it)

No comments:

Post a Comment