December 2, 2011

The Princess Bride



I know we have all seen this movie...multiple times in our lives. And if you are the last person in the world to not have viewed it...umm what rock are you living under? Oh was that mean? Sorry, but The Princess Bride is one of those great movies that is just fun to watch over and over. There are a few times that I have wondered about the book, but I honestly didn't think the book would be as fun or entertaining as the book. I kind of figured that it was a basic story and the movie people decided to make it the funny, exciting, love story that we enjoy so much.


WRONG!!!


The book had me laughing out loud in parts, and other parts where it was so intense I couldn't wait to get to the end...go figure since I knew how the story started and ended and everything in between besides the Zoo of Death.


It really is delightful. I can't wait for my kids to be old enough for me to read this to them before bedtime.


Since most everyone in the world knows the story already from the movie, it is a pretty easy read. But there are enough little bits added in that you don't want to go skipping around. William Goldman is a delightful author! This is a must read...so take a few days this Christmas season and sit down to read this fun book. If you have kids old enough for the adventure and fighting part of it read it with them. I would bet money it will make you smile!


GRADE: A+

1 comment:

  1. Angela,
    I read The Princess Bride once and LOVED it as well. I laughed so hard, and found that I could not put it down. Thanks for the post. I would recommend you read A Tree Grows In Brooklyn if you haven't yet. It is wonderful.
    -Camille

    ReplyDelete