January 30, 2013

Have you ever watched Castle the tv show?  Oh it is one of our favorites in the Stark home.  It is mysterious, funny, clever, and there is romance and fighting and chasing.  One of the main characters (Richard Castle) is a murder mystery writer and on tv he tags along with a detective for ideas.

I was curious if this was a real author or not so I looked him up and there are a TON of books by Richard Castle.  I bought and read the cheapest one...must to my disappointment it was very short but still very good.

It is about a man named Storm who was some kind of unknown agent, the kind that did the job without anyone knowing it was him and no one was supposed to since it wasn't always legal.  He is called back into work after a 3 year leave and has to solve a kidnapping case.  A congressman's son has been kidnapped and the father is a very hated man so the guilt party really could be anyone.  As Storm investigates he begins to see how far and deep this goes.  There are bombs that go off, and money burnt up and some flirting and all that good stuff.  It also takes place in Washington DC and that is always fun since some of the places I have been to and that is cool.

It was a tease of a book thought, it ended quickly with a note saying if I wanted to read part two I would have to buy it...

stink.

It was a good read, now I am trying to remember if there was a lot of swearing.  I don't remember.

If I could find these books at the library I would read them.  But I wouldn't spend money on them.

I then was curious about this lucky man who is a successful author AND has his own TV show.  As it turns out he is a fake and someone is ghost writing all this.  that was a disappointing.  I think that is a big reason why I won't spend money on it.

(I couldn't get the picture to download.  grrr)

No comments:

Post a Comment