April 12, 2012

The Marriage Pact


Since I spend about an hour wide awake in the middle of the night with Ryan...okay lets be honest I spend far more than that since the little stinker wakes up too often. ANYWAY since I am up I am reading...kind of sleeping. I choose to read this book simply because it was free on my kindle.
It is about a 30 year old woman who hasn't done much with her life or education except float from temp job to temp job. She finds herself in Texas temping and fell for a rich older man who was married. AWFUL I know. She kicks herself over and over...as it would have he dumps her and she runs away home to her old college BFF who she made a Marriage Pact with. (thus the title). If they were both unmarried at 30 they would wed each other. They get engaged and since we all can assume this isn't really the best reason to get married they run into some tough spots during their engagement especially when nasty married cheater man shows up again. That is what the story is about.
It is a forever long book. I can't stand it when authors give way to much information about things that don't matter and too much back story. ugh. I also didn't think so much of the book would be about the cheating business. I hated that part. I think that might be why I never cared for any of the characters. Well, except for the main characters fathers. They were good men. Anyway...I wouldn't suggest reading this book. It isn't dirty...which was nice. It was just long and mostly boring. But then again I was reading it at 3 in the morning...and then again at 4 and then 5 and then sometimes 6. So what do I know.
Grade: F

No comments:

Post a Comment