April 4, 2012

Ireland Rose

What a nice story this turned out to be. I got for free on my Kindle and sometimes those free books can be...well for lack of a better word AWFUL. But they are free and worth trying.

By the end of this book I wasn't madly in love with it, but I didn't hate the fact that I spent my time reading it either. I wanted to know what happened to the characters in the book and although I could predict who fell in love with who I wanted to know how and when that all took place.

Ireland Rose is a young teenage girl in the late 1800's her parents decide they want to return to their beloved homeland (Ireland) to die. But they want their daughter to remain in America to live a better life (interesting right?). So they ask a wealthy man who owed them a favor to marry their young daughter. This is where to story starts.

The poor girl has everything she could ever want, except to be in love. Over time her husband dies, she falls in love with serving in an orphanage, and a young pregnant girl enters her care leaving her with a baby that carries a HUGE secret as well. Oh the drama. I kind of felt like the author (I really enjoyed her style of writing) got tired at the end of the story and just ended it quickly. It felt like BAM it was over.

It is a sweet story and 100% clean which is refreshing. Although I am a little on the mediocre side of things I will look for other books by this author and read them (if they are free or in the library).

Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment