April 25, 2012

Have a New Kid my Friday

A couple of weeks ago I had had it with Jared's fits.  Did I just hear you gasp in surprise that my sweet angle boy throws fits?  Well he does.  And he rocks at it.  Since Ryan was born...well lets be honest...since I was about 7 months pregnant with Ryan I was too tired and my body hurt too much to be much of enforcer. (I knew I was going to pay for it but what other choices did I have?)  And After Ryan was born I am ready for things to return to "normal."  As in when I said something they did it.  (mostly) So I turned to this book.  I had heard about it a few years ago and I guess I was holding the idea to read it for  now.

It is a great book.  a quick read with easy ideas to follow through on.

I feel like it has given a little extra push to hold to my guns and to see that there are simple ways to make big changes.  Like keeping my cool, walking away, and not discussing certain things.

I am far from perfect.  I wish I was a little closer to it.  But it this parenting stuff is hard.

This book covers a lot of issues and will be a great resource to turn to...in fact I just might be doing that during nap time :)  At the end he covers specific areas that we as parents deal with from lying to sucking thumbs to tantrums to clothing choices.  Each chapter is a new day of the week building on the previous day until BAM Friday when kids become perfect. 

It also made me feel like the issues I have with my kids really aren't that bad...he puts in some parent examples and man alive some people have really awful kids.

Then again someone might look at my kids and say the same thing.

Anyway this is a great book for anyone with children.

Grade: Must read over and over and over again.
*I was reading this while reading Sister Hinkley's books "Glimpses."  I highly recommending doing that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment