April 24, 2012

Glimpses

I was given this book a few years ago, and I every now and then I would sit down and read a page or two and enjoy it but I never took the time to just sit and read it from cover to cover.  I am glad I finally did.  I have loved every page and getting to know Sister Hinkley a little better has been delightful.  What an amazing lady...I hope I can be a little more like her.
This book doesn't really follow her life from birth through death, but instead focuses on certain areas of her life and character.  For example some of the chapters include Mothering, optimism, Faith, sense of humor, and so on.

With each chapter I thought of ways that I could be a little bit better as a wife, mother, and daughter of God.  I have always loved Sister Hinkley and now I do even more.

This is a book I will revisit often, to be uplifted, taught and reminded.


GRADE: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment