March 7, 2012

Same Kind of Different As Me

What a powerful story. I am not a HUGE fan of churchy stories. I don't know what it is. This was a little different to me since it wasn't an LDS author and it is a true story...or at least I am assuming so since the authors are also the characters in the book.

This book is about two men in VERY different circumstances. One is dirt poor, living on the streets, while the other is rich and successful. The first half of the book is really just about their separate lives leading to when they met and became unlikely friends.


This is about serving others and not judging them. I think this book also teaches that no matter our situation in life we have a lot to offer those around us. I think this story shows that when we put away our first impressions and get to know a person for who they are rather than what they look like and what we think they will be like great things can and will happen (WOW LONG SENTENCE...I am the queen of run-ons!).



I am glad I read this book, it wasn't gripping, or intense. But how many real life stories are? There were a lot of great life lessons to be learned from this story and I am glad I read it on my kindle...now I have them all highlighted forever and ever!



GRADE: C
Some of my favorite quotes:



*What we call "dinner on the ground", white folks call a picnic. (made me laugh)



*I cannot see into a person's heart to know his spiritual condition. All I can do is tell the jagged tale of my own spiritual journey and declare that y life has been the better for having followed Christ



*When you become precious to God, you become important to Satan. Watch your back...



*Our limitation is God's opportunity



*That's the good thing 'bout God. Since He can see right through your heart anyway, you can go on and tell Him what you really think.

No comments:

Post a Comment