January 16, 2012

Wildflower Hill




This book had me going in both directions...I still can't figure if I should like this story or not. Okay, here it goes. I like the story. It reminds me of The Forgotten Garden. And probably a little similar to The Forgotten Garden there are a few parts that are a little "naughty" if you know what I mean (tee hee). That is what made me not sure how much to say I loved the story. I don't want anyone out there thinking I am a heathen. So, to end this silly paragraph...great story, a few short parts that just when you are ready to skip the paragraph or page you realize the romantic moment is over just as quick as it begun.

So the story...it a double layered story, which is always fun, spanning over 3 generations. Beattie is a young girl caught up in a group of friends that is more then questionable and finds herself pregnant with a married man's baby. (see I told you a little naughty). Like many young women who have babies too young and too unmarried life was very hard, she had to go through a lot of hardships...a lot. Over time and a very "unconventional" path Beattie finds a great amount of success, but even with all her success there was always a great amount of heartbreak she also had to deal with. Emma is Beattie's granddaughter and a prima ballerina. She is in an accident that injurs her knee beyond repaire and is forced into retirement...thus she finally gets what Beattie left her in her will. She is now forced to look at her life, what was important and what is important. And yes, there is romance for both Emman and Beattie, there are mysteries and there are answers. What more do you need in a story?


I wasn't a HUGE fun of how it ended...it was the kind of ending that left you hanging. GAH. I am not sure if the author wanted to be intriguing (probably), or of she just didn't want to write anymore so she left it up to the readers imagination. Either way, it was an abrupt ending and I like it when the story is really over and everything is resolved.


It was a good story...if you don't mind the handful of romantic moments then read it. If you liked The Forgotten Garden chances are you might enjoy this book as well.


GRADE: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment