December 30, 2011

Lost December

I love Richard Paul Evans. Can you tell? I wonder how many books of his I have read, and in fact usually his books I want to buy and keep for myself. His stories are clean, but not filled with Mormon lingo that I go nuts. In fact when I first started reading his books I didn't think he was LDS, just an author living in Utah.

Lost December is another great story and in true Evans style teaches a lesson all at the same time. Luke is one lucky kid, well besides his mom passing away at a young age, his life was pretty nice. He had a great dad that taught him to work hard and that people where important. His Dad owns Crisp's Copy (what you haven't heard of them?) and has plans to pass the business off to his son when the time comes. As the time drew near the good father encourage his son to get his MBA and experience life away from home and family (I think secretly Dad wanted a wife and grand kids).

Luke goes, falls in with a crowd no parents what their child hanging out with and decided to blow his father off. When his money runs out his friends disappear.

Sounds like a happy Christmas story huh? To be honest it could have be set during anytime of the year, this one just happens to end at Christmas time. And like most of Richard Paul Evans' books it is a fast read.

Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment