September 3, 2011

Chasing Yesterday

One of the perks of not feeling awesome all the time is the amount of reading one can get in. When I am feeling a bit on the sick side I am able to rest for a bit with a book...which is helpful for the nausea I am feeling these days, but not so awesome for my messy kitchen. Oh well, I can't win them all!


It has been years...really decades since I last picked up a Rachel Nunes novel. Remember are Ariana series? Totally awesome! So I was excited to try her again when I came across the Nunes Row at the library. Seriously I didn't realize the woman had written so many books.


Chasing Yesterday is about a young woman who after coming home from her mission and finding her best friend dating someone else Savvy (what kind of name is that?) ran away to California to finish school and forget about the old BFF. While there her step sister shows up on her doorstep and turns things upside down and inside out for Savvy.


It was an okay story. Kind of predictable but still plenty of love story for the girl in me to enjoy. I think what bugged me the most was her name "Savvy" and the title and cover of the book. Neither had anything to do with the story. At all. I mean really shouldn't the title have something to do with the story?


Favorite Quote: I feel too sick right now to go find it. Sorry.


Grade: C

No comments:

Post a Comment