July 11, 2011

The Witches

You read it right...I just finished a children's chapter book! And it ROCKED! Think about it...do you remember a book from when you were a kid that you loved or even just enjoyed. Read it now and you will love every page of it. I loved this so much that I decided to read The Indian in the Cupboard too (although my sweet daughter has hidden it somewhere).



The Witches is a book about a very wise grandma that educates her son about the reality of witches in the world. But even though her grandson is educated he still finds himself in the worst possible position a little boy can be found in...A ROOM FULL OF WITCHES WITH THE DOORS LOCKED. eek I know. If you have read it, do so it is great. Read it to your kids too! If you have read it then re-read it. As it turns out it is just as great 20 years later.



Quote: "The third one was little Birgit Svenson," my grandmother said. "She lived just across the road from us. One day she started growing feathers all over her body. Within a month, she had turned into a large white chicken. Her parents kept her for years in a pen in the garden. She even laid eggs."



Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment