June 29, 2011

flashback: The Help



I read this December 7, 2010:



I am probably one of the last people on Earth to read this, so I don't need to tell you that it's wonderful. BUT since this is my blog and not yours I will anyway. THIS BOOK IS WONDERFUL! It is a story about Black maid who decides that it is time to help change things and how they are done and viewed her town. A young white woman about the same time finds a story worth writing and together they write a book of stories about a dozen or so maids and what it's really like working for a white woman. It also follows three women and their lives before, during and a little after they met each other. I am always amazed at what people had to go through, and I probably always will be. I am amazed at the strength some people have as well as the courage that these women had to have to move forward.
If you haven't read this book yet (lame - it came out last year or something) READ IT. You won't be able to put it down which means that in a week or so you will be done, so it's not a huge time commitment!
ALSO in my search for a picture of the book I found this - made me pretty excited.


*I just re-read it this week...and guess what? It was just as great the 2nd time!

No comments:

Post a Comment