June 18, 2011

The Mark



A friend suggested this book to me, and I am glad she did. It was a great way to start off my summer reading. An easy read that help my attention, but didn't require too much deep thinking. A little love story, some action, mystery. Wow, it really had it all!

It is about a girl in high school who discovers her birthmark has a funny design to it, and then after some random encounters with a few people she realized when they touched them (certain people) she felt a connection. Soon she and those few who she felt connected too discover they have similar marks. Weird huh? They are probably government experiments...or are they? They soon find themselves on the hunt to learn about their marks and in doing so learn a lot more than they bargain for. AND in the process fall in love. **Sigh**

I really did like this book. It was clean, foul language free, and enjoyable to read. The Prologue was just confusing and it drove me nuts until the end of the book when it all came together. And the characters all seemed to act older than a bunch of seniors in high school should normally act and at times the love story was just a little too cheesy for me...but then again they were in high school so maybe it was fitting.


Favorite Quote: "How ironic would it be for us to look eagerly toward graduation, only to then spend the rest of our lives looking longingly back to what we were trying so hard to move on from?" and " We were still laughing as we climbed into my car. I put the key into the ignition, started the car and then adjusted my rear view mirror. That's when I saw him. The man from the sandwich shop was sitting in my back seat. I immediately turned to look behind me, thinking 'we should be able to jump our of the car before anything happens. or i could call the police, but that would take too long. I ended up confronting him. "What are you doing in my car?"


Grade: B+

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it! It is funny because a gal at church said the part of the book she didn't like is that all she said to that man was "What are you doing in my car." Kind of funny when you think about it! But a great book!

    ReplyDelete