June 9, 2011

Bossypants

Doesn't the cover alone make you want to read this biography? It is what first drew me to the book and the fact that I think Tina Fey can be so funny. I honestly knew that there was a BIG chance for foul language in this book, along with dirty jokes and the like. I mean seriously she was on SNL...here is your sign right? But I hoped and hoped that instead of Tina Fey the SNL star it would be more like the Tina Fey on Baby Momma (have you watched that movie? So great) But alas it is the SNL Tina Fey. Within the first few pages she hit her swear word quota (once I hit so many naughty words I am done with the book), I was so sad. This was obviously going to be a funny book. But a rule is a rule...especielly when they are there to protect my innocent mind.

I did flip through the rest of the book and picked parts that I figured would be clean...I found a few and enjoyed those. Like Secrets of Mommy's Beauty, Remembrances of Being Very Very Skinny, Remembrances of Being a Little Bit Fat but it didn't take long before I realized that was probably it. Sad I know.

So if you don't mind too much swearing and some dirty jokes (at least I think that what they where...I didn't get them) then read this book. But if you want to keep it clean...avoid this one and just look at the cover and enjoy it.

Favorite Quote: "Ah, babies! They're more than just adorable little creatures on whom you can blame your farts. Like most people who have had one baby, I am an expert on everything and will tell you, unsolicited, how to raise your kid!"

Grade: D (for language and jokes I didn't get and am glad)

No comments:

Post a Comment