April 28, 2011

You're Broke Because You Want to Be



I really enjoy this book for 3 reasons.


1st: The author writes as though he is sitting there in front of you telling you off. Every now and then he will throw a "quit being a baby" statement in there and it makes me smile. He is straight forward and isn't going to sugar coat anything. Which is great since it also means this book is short enough to get through quickly. Don't worry he isn't that mean


2nd: I feel so great about where we are financially right now. This book is directed towards the family with lots of credit card debt living far beyond their means and digging a whole deeper and deeper every month. I realized by reading this that we have made a lot of really wise choices. Which brings me to...


3rd: We still have room for improvement and my new friend Larry Winget is helping me out with that. The cool thing is that it is pretty basic stuff...nothing fancy or tricky (phew).


Favorite Quote: "I once told a woman that she might end up having to eat wish sandwiches everyday. She said, "what's a wish sandwich?" I told her that's when you have two pieces of bread and you wish you had some meat to go between them. She didn't think I was funny."


" If you feed your mind as often as you feed your stomach, then you'll never have to worry about feeding your stomach or a roof over your head or clothes on your back."--Albert Einstein


Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment