March 29, 2011

The False Princess

The False Princess is, for sure, the BEST book (so far) for 2011. I kid you not. I loved this book from beginning to end. Last night I said up till midnight finishing it, that's HUGE. A sane mother doesn't give up sleep to read something she could read the next day during nap time. But I seriously couldn't put it down until I finished it and then after reading the very last word with a smile on my face I thought "I want to read that again!"


Nalia has reached her 16th birthday, she is also well prepared to someday be the queen. She has spent her entire life studying and learning to someday rule the country and to do so well. And then one day her parents, the king and queen, called her into their "office" to let her know that when the princess was born it was prophesied that she would be killed by her 16th birthday. So they had the real princess sent to a convent on the outskirts of town while Nalia simple stood in her stead "just in case." They informed her that know that the princess was 16 the fear of her being killed was gone and she could come home. Simple as that. Then the wizard (yes, there is magic in this book) lifted whatever spells had been cast so that everyone would believe she was the real deal. That very day they sent Nalia, whose real name as it turns out is Sinda, back to live with her only living relative. The end. Ha yeah right that my friends is only the beginning.


The author does such a great job with the character development that you actual care about what happens to the people in the book. You are happy when the evil people flub up and giddy when good wins out. I actually giggled out loud last night and woke up my husband. It is that good. This is a must read. I can't wait to see what else this author writes.


favorite quote: "for a girl who's supposedly got all this learning, you can be sort of stupid, Sinda."

Grade: A +

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to suggest this to my book club! Thanks my dear!

    ReplyDelete