February 28, 2011

Eat Pray Love


Oh, boy.
I have been wanting to read this for last last year or so, but every time I go to the library someone else has it. So I waited and waited and waited and finally both copies were there sitting on the shelf just waiting for me. I happily checked it out and started reading it...that is when most of the happiness left me.
Don't get me wrong, the parts about eating yummy food was nice. But what I did read (I just couldn't get through it) just made me mad. I realize she was going through some sort of depression and she was unhappy but I honestly don't think that is any reason to dump your marriage and leave. I felt like this was extremely selfish on her part and the whole book was justifying her selfishness. I am sure I just don't understand...thank goodness I don't.
Favorite quote: "Your tears are my prayers" and since it is so short here is another..."I honor the divinity that resides within me."
Grade: incomplete

No comments:

Post a Comment