October 24, 2014

oh now isn't that sad!

I am a reader.

I am a reader.

I am a reader.

I repeat this to myself over and over. But right now it just doesn't seem to be true.  I have always been the type to have a book in the bathroom and one that I carry with me just incase I have a minute.  But right now I just don't seem to take the time to read.  

Last week or so I did allow myself to read Unbroken.  What an amazing story.  I was in shock throughout most of it...and the fact that it is a true story left me feeling heartbroken and grateful and in awe.  the Human Spirit is strong and amazing.  A person's character goes with them during joyful, happy times as well as those times when integrity is put to the test.

I have read WWII stories before, but most has taken place in Germany on that part of the war.  Not in Japan's POW camps.  Why can't people simply treat each other with kindness...imagine how different the world would be then and now if we were all kind.

As for the future of me reading...it doesn't look promising.  But I am hopeful.  Until that time when I have mutiple books open at a time I will keep repeating

I am a reader

I am a reader

I am a reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment