March 21, 2013

Heaven is Here

 I am sure by now every Mormon Mommy and probably many other moms know who Stephanie Nielson is.      I first learned of her from a friend who followed her blog and I started following her as well shortly after her accident.  To say she is amazing is putting it lightly.

Her book was a wonderful memoir to read this month.  I read in a book review about the first part of the book being all rainbows and butterflies.  And it was.   It was kind of annoying until she wrote that one of her rules to her blog writing was to be positive and not complain.  So it makes since that her book would carry the same tune.  Obviously no one is immune to difficulty but how we decide to handle is an individual choice. Even as she talked about her pain and recovery it wasn't ever in the voice of complaint or anything just the facts of what she went through and the true emotions she felt at the time.

In the next 2 sections of the book Stephanie shows strength of character, testimony, body, mind and spirit.  I can't imagine, nor do I really want to, the pain and suffering she and the ones she loved most went through but I am glad she shared her story, thoughts and testimony.  She did it in such a way that I never once felt like she was a better mom that I will never be or that I stink because my trials seem so minor and I still complain and whine and feel ugly and all that.  She didn't once make me feel guilty for my short comings.  She instead was inspiring in a way like a cheerleader and sweet grandma sort of way.  Does that make sense?  I think that if I was to sit down with her she would hug me and then cheer me at the same time ....thus the cheerleader and Grandma mixture.

Anyway...it was a wonderful book, worth the money and time.  I highly recommend this one!  


2 comments:

  1. It's great to read another review on it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really liked this book! I thought it was heartfelt and inspiring. It helped me look at my life with more of an eternal perspective.

    ReplyDelete